Christmas Cookie Swap... Thrifty @ Chic Mom

I love cookies! Well, I actually love to MAKE cookies more than I like to EAT them. But, since I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease....I haven't had a real cookie! It's been 3 weeks of pure cravings for something doughy and yummy! So, I made these GLUTEN-FREE Chocolate Chip Cookies. Are you excited? I just used some GF All-Purpose flour, to a CCC recipe, I'll be buying that more often, just not to share with anyone. The 1lb bag is $6! Anyway, go to Thrifty & Chic Mom to post your own cookies.

Here's the recipe:


• 3/4 cup sugar
• 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 2 large eggs,beaten
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix sugar, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl by hand. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. The dough will be very stiff. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans if desired. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown. The centers will be soft. Let cool completely then remove from cookie sheet.